Gaurika Singh is a Nepalese international successful swimmer born on November 26, 2002, Kathmandu, Nepal. She began her swimming career at the age of eight. She has held many national records since beginning her swimming career at the young age of eight. She is 17 years old and recently won 4 gold medals, 2 silver medals, and 3 bronze medals for swimming at the 2016 South Asian Games. She is the youngest Olympian with the mind-boggling talent of Nepal. She joins the Camden Swiss Cottage Swimming Club under coach Adam Taylor, who has produced world-class swimmers.
Gaurika Singh Biography
|Date of Birth||November 26, 2002|
|Profession||Nepalese international swimmer|
|Lives in||London, UK|
|Date of birth||November 26, 2002|
|School||Haberdashers’ Aske’s School for girls in London, UK.|
|Age||18 year (2020)|
|Height||5 feet and 7 inch|
|Personality||Cute, Bold, and Inspiring|
|Hobbies||Music, Video games, Travelling|
|International Debut||on 3rd August 2015 at the World Aquatics Championship in Kazan, Russia|
Education and Family
Gaurika Singh was born on November 26, 2002, in Kathmandu, Nepal. She originally hails from Bhimdutta municipality, Kanchanpur. She is studying at Haberdashers’ Aske’s School for girls in London and preparing for her next competition. She lives with her family in London. Her father’s name is Paras Singh who is a doctor in England, her mother’s name is Garima Rana who is 2050 SLC Board Topper and she has one younger brother named Sauren Singh. Gaurika Singh has a keen interest in swimming from the very beginning of her childhood. Her family is very supportive with the help of them she has achieved her wonders.
Summer Olympics 2016
At 13 years and 255 days, Singh was the youngest athlete to compete at the 2016 Rio Olympics. She won heat 1 of the 100m Backstroke in a time of 1:08:45 but did not qualify for the semifinals. Singh finished in 31st. Her father, Dr. Paras Singh, often accompanies and supports her around the world.
Records and Medals
- She won one silver and three bronze medals for swimming at the 2016 South Asian Games.
- She does regular training at Barnet Copthall Swimming Club, London, UK. Swimming Club, London, UK.
- She was the Youngest Olympian at Rio 2016.
- She was the only one Nepali international swimmer represented Nepal at the FINA World Championships 2015.
- She won twelve gold medals with six national records in the National Swimming Tournament under the eighth National Games 2019.
- She is the Holder of multiple Nepali national records.
- She won 4 Golds, 2 Silvers & 3 Bronze in 13th Asian game which was held in Nepal 2019.
- Gaurika Singh became the first Nepali swimmer to win three golds in the swimming competition at the 13th South Asian Games
Facts about Gaurika Singh
- Among many swimming style categories or Strokes, she is very professional and renowned at Freestyle swimming, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly stroke, Medley swimming.
- She started competing in the Nepal Championship at the age of 11
- At 13 years and 255 days, Singh was the youngest athlete to compete at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- She is also currently the good-will ambassador of the Shanti Education Initiative Nepal (SEIN).
- Her mother, Garima Rana is the 1994 SLC Board Topper.
- She has won many awards and broken many national records since the beginning of her swimming career at a very young age.