Sandeep Lamichhane is a very popular and talented professional Nepali cricket player. He is a right-handed leg spin bowler and a batsman. He is the first Nepali Cricket player to play in the Indian premier league (IPL) when he was signed by Delhi Daredevils in 2018 IPL. Lamichhane has played for Twenty 20 franchise sides across the world, including the Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League (IPL), the Melbourne in the Big Bash Leauge (BBL), and the Lahore Qalandars in the Pakistan Super League (PSL).
Sandeep Lamichhane Biography
|Birthdate||August 2, 2000|
|Birth Place||Syangja, Nepal|
|Home Town||Chitwan, Nepal|
|Education||BSW 1st year|
|National side||Nepal (2016–present)|
|Bowling Style||Leg break googly|
|Height||5 ft. 6 inches.|
Early Life Of Sandeep Lamichhane
Sandeep Lamichhane was born on 2 August 2000 in Syangja, Nepal. He has completed his primary schooling education from Syangja District. Then he moved to Chitwan and completed intermediate higher education in Chitwan District. Currently, he lives in Budhanilkantha, Kathmandu. Lamichhane spent most of his childhood in Chitwan. He grew up playing cricket in his hometown. During his childhood, he considered Sachin Tendulkar and Shane Warne as his cricketing idols.
The career of Sandeep Lamichhane
- Sandeep Lamichane started playing cricket at the Chitwan Cricket Academy.
- At the age of 14, he was discovered by the Nepali Captain Paras Khadka and former coach of Nepal Cricket Team Pubudu Dassanayake and picked him for the youth camp.
- In April 2016, he made his List A debut in the 2015-17 ICC World Cricket League Championship against Namibia.
- In the second match of the 2016 U19 Cricket World Cup, he became the 5th bowler in the U-19 world cup history to take a hat-trick taking the wickets of Lorcan Tucker, Adam Dennison, and Fiachra Tucker of Ireland.
- In September 2016, Lamichhane was offered to join the Sydney-based Western Suburbs Districts Cricket Club by Australian captain, Michael Clarke.
- In January 2018, Sandeep Lamichhane was named in the list of players for auction in the 2018 IPL.
- He joined the Indian Premier League club side Delhi Daredevils, agreeing on 20 lakhs contract and became the first Nepali cricketer ever to play in the IPL.
- He ended his IPL season with 5 wickets for 82 runs in 12 overs playing 3 matches.
- In March 2018, he was drafted by St Kitts and Nevis Patriots to play in Caribbean Premier League for $5k.
- In June 2018, he was selected by Canadian club Montreal Tigers to play in the inaugural edition of the Global T20 Canada tournament.
- In September 2018, the Afghani club Nangarhar signed him to play in their first edition of the Afghanistan Premier League.
- In October 2018, Australian club Melbourne Stars signed him for the BBL ( Big Bash League) making him the first Nepali professional to sign for an Australian club.
- In October 2018, he was also drafted by Sylhet Sixers for the 2018-19 Bangladesh Premier League.
- Sandeep Lamichhane was named ICC World Cricket League Division Two Player of the tournament, where he took a total of 17 wickets in six fixtures.
- ICC named Lamichhane as one of the ten players to watch ahead of the 2018 Cricket World Cup Qualifier followed by a rising star at the end of the tournament.
- He made his T20I debut for the ICC Rest of the World XI team against the West Indies.
- Nepal achieved ODI status during the 2018 Cricket World Cup Qualifier in February.
- In July 2018, Lamichhane made his ODI debut for Nepal in their first-ever ODI match against the Netherlands.
- Lamichhane took 24 wickets in six matches in the 2018-19 ICC World Twenty20 Asia Qualifier tournament.
Sandeep Lamichhane started playing cricket at the Chitwan Cricket Academy. He was discovered as a 14-year-old by the coach of the Nepali cricket team Pubudu Dassanayake and the Nepali Captain Paras Khadka. They picked him as the youth camp. Sandeep made his List A debut on 16 April 2016 against Namibia in the 2015-17 ICC World Cricket League Championship. In January 2018, Sandeep Lamichhane was named in the list of players for auction in the 2018 IPL.
He joined the Indian Premier League club side Delhi Daredevils, agreeing on a 20 lakhs contract, and became the first Nepali cricketer ever to play in the IPL. He made his T20 debut for the ICC Rest of the World XI team against the West Indies. He played for his country at the U-19 Cricket World Cup, where he picked 14 wickets. He played against many countries including Namibia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Ireland.
- NNIPA Best Youth Player of the year: 2017
- NCCS-CPAN Cricketer of the Year: 2018
Sandeep Lamichhane Salary and Net Worth
The net worth of this famous cricketer is estimated to have NPR 30 Lakhs. The salary of Sandeep is still to be revealed yet and will be updated soon. He is a young rising talent cricketer of Nepal, whose bowling capability will take him to the International level often in many years to come.
Every Nepali knows him as a very young Nepali cricketer who plays for Nepali National Cricket Team. But Sandeep Lamichhane is also a singer too. He has done some cover songs. Sandip Lamichhane has bought a new home worth Rs. 6 Crores in Budhanilkantha, Kathmandu. Big achievement at such an age. An interesting fact about Sandeep Lamichhane is he is a very good singer too. He has done some cover songs including Muglan hera jadai chhu, Udash Thiyo, etc. Sandeep has a YouTube channel with more than 10K subscription.
Sandeep Lamichhane’s Songs list
- Udash Thiyo
- Timi nai chhau
- Yo Jharima
- Bhetu Kasari
Some facts about Sandeep Lamichhane
- He was discovered as a 14-year-old by the coach of the Nepali cricket team Pubudu Dassanayake and the Nepali Captain Paras Khadka.
- He is also a good singer.
- He started playing cricket at the Chitwan Cricket Academy.
- He got to chance to play ‘Australian Grade Cricket’ in Sydney, Australia.
- He is the ambassador for ‘Invento Engineering and Consultant Pvt’.
- He is the first Nepali cricketer to have played in the ‘Indian Premier League’.