Every country has its own flag. Every citizen of the country loves their flag. Our national flag has a unique design in the world it is something that sets us apart from the rest of the world. It is the only flag in the world that is having a triangular flag. Other countries have a quadrilateral flag. Every flag has its purpose and its own meaning and so does the flag of Nepal.
Table of Contents
Nepal Flag Meaning
What is the Nepal flag colour code?
The crimson red indicates the brave spirits of the Nepalese people. It is also the national color and also the color of the National flower of Nepal. The blue border symbolizes peace and harmony. The white color in the sun and the moon are the color of light and awakening.
Nepal Flag Color Code
The Nepal flag has 3 colors in their national flag which are Dark Powder Blue (#003893), Crimson (#DC143C) and White (#FFFFFF).
|DARK POWDER BLUE
The two triangles tips in the Nepali flag symbolize the Himalayas Mountains. The Northern part of Nepal is full of the high Himalayas including the top peak in the world Mt. Everest. It also symbolistically incorporates the plains (Terai) and the hilly region by overlapping the two triangles towards the center of the flag.
The flag’s shape is also symbolized as a Nepali architecture style, popularly known as ‘Pagoda’. A pagoda shape can be obtained by placing a mirror on the hoist side.
The depiction of the celestial bodies, the sun, and the moon in the flag represents permanence, It symbolizes that as long as the sun and moon exist, there will be the existence of Nepal and its Nepalese people.. While the sun symbolizes fierce resolve, the moon symbolizes that the Nepalese are soothing and calm. The moon also believed to symbolize the shades and the cool weather towards hills and the Himalaya region, whereas the sun symbolizes heat and high temperature at the Tarai plains of Nepal.
Interesting facts about Nepal’s National Flag.
- Nepal is the only country in the modern world that does not have a rectangular (non-quadrilateral) national flag. All other national flags of the world are quadrilateral in shape.
- The national flag of Nepal is a red flag with a blue border around the unique shape of two overlapping right triangles.
- The flag of Nepal contains two triangular parts of red with blue borderline and it bears the symbols of moon and sun in white.
It’s also explained in Nepali songs …
रातो र चन्द्र सूर्य जंगी निशान हाम्रो ज्यूँदो रगत सरि यो बल्दो यो शान हाम्रोजबसम्म चन्द्र सूर्य आकाशमा रहन्छन् तबसम्म हुन्छ आफ्नै रातो रगत हाम्रो
- There is a white sunrise over a horizontal crescent moon on the top triangle, and there is a white twelve-pointed sun on the lower triangle.
- The upper triangle has the imprint of the white moon with eight rays and the lower triangle has the imprint of the sun with twelve rays. It reflects our history, culture, religion, courage, and bravery. The moon and the sun symbolize that Nepal will exist till the moon and the sunshine in this universe. This says Mother Land is more essential than the kingdom of heaven.
- According to the Nepal Government, the two triangles stand for the two major religions of Nepal – Hinduism, and Buddhism.
- The moon represents the serenity of the Nepalese people and the shade and cool weather in the Himalayas. The Moon also symbolizes the longevity of the kingdoms sun stands for the fierce tenacity of the Nepalese people and the heat of the lower parts of Nepal. The Sun also symbolizes the perpetuity of the kingdom.
- Nepal Flag initially had human faces inside the sun and moon. Later it was removed in 1962 by the Government of Nepal. The current Nepalese flag has no human faces on it. The present flag was officially adopted as the national flag of Nepal on 16th December of the year 1962.
- Nepal once made the Guinness Book of World Records for making the largest human flag where more than 35,000 people gathered together On August 23, 2014 AD.
Nepal Flag History
The Nepali flag’s current design was adopted in 1962. Prior to this, the original flag used beginning in the 19th century had a similar design. However, the exception is that the original flag featured faces on the sun and moon. These faces were removed to give the flag a more modern look. The pennant design is based on the pennants that have been used in the nation for thousands of years.
Nepal Flag Photo
Nepal Flag Emoji
The flag for Nepal, which may show as the letters NP on some platforms.
- ?? Nepalese Flag
- ??Flag of Nepal
Hope all of you got information and meaning about our unique national flag.