Have you got hungry late at night but you had to sleep empty stomach despite being hungry. We’re often faced with the dilemma of wondering if it’s worth getting up to eat, and if so, what healthy snacks to eat that will only keep us tossing and turning at night.
Therefore, here are the best healthy snacks for late-night that satisfy those cravings and help you sleep.
1. Hummus Salad Dressing
- Olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Rice wine vinegar
- Clove garlic, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Whip hummus, olive oil, parsley, cilantro, water, vinegar, and garlic together in a bowl. Dress it with salt and pepper. Add a few drops of water if the dressing is too thick.
2. Grilled Turkey sandwich
- Green onions, chopped
- Slices sourdough bread
- Deli-sliced turkey
- Slices pepper jack cheese
- Mix the mayonnaise, salsa, and green onions in a small bowl. Spread the seasoned mayonnaise evenly on each slice of bread. Layer the turkey and cheese on the bread slices.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry sandwiches in butter until lightly toasted. Add remaining butter to skillet, turn sandwiches over. Cook until the cheese is melted, and the bread is browned.
3. Air Fryer ZUCCHINI CHIPS
- Bread crumbs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Thinly sliced medium zucchini
- Beaten egg
- Cooking spray
- Preheat an air fryer.
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese on a plate. Dip zucchini slice into beaten egg then into breadcrumbs mixture. Place zucchini slices on a wire baking rack and repeat with remaining slices. Lightly spray zucchini slices with cooking spray.
- Place zucchini slices in the air fryer basket without overlapping them.
- Cook them for 10 minutes then flip them. Cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from the air fryer and repeat with remaining zucchini slices.
4. WATERMELON SORBET
- White sugar
- Lemon juice
- Cubed seeded watermelon
- Combine sugar, water, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and refrigerate until cooled, about 30 minutes.
- Blend watermelon in a blender until pureed. Stir pureed watermelon into a sugar mixture. Transfer watermelon mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Avocado Toast
- Whole grain bread
- Halved and pitted avocado
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Juiced lemon
- Salt, grounded black pepper
- Onion powder, Garlic powder
- Toast the bread.
- Scoop avocado into a bowl. Add parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder; mash together using a potato masher. Spread avocado mixture into each piece of toast.
6. Asian style tofu and vegetables
- Tofu- cut into cubes
- Grounded ginger
- Grounded black pepper
- Garlic salt
- Sesame oil
- Broccoli florets
- Sliced bell pepper
- Sliced mushrooms
- Vegetable oil
- Cubed jicama
- Brown sugar
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped toasted peanuts
- Mix tofu with grounded ginger, black pepper, garlic salt, and sesame oil in a bowl; cover and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook broccoli, bell pepper, and mushrooms in that water until broccoli is just tender, about 3 minutes; drain.
- Whisk cornstarch and water together in a bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet. Cook and stir tofu until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cooked vegetables, jicama, brown sugar, and honey into tofu. Add cornstarch mixture and continue cooking and stirring until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle sesame and peanuts over chicken and vegetables before serving.
7. Rice Cakes
- Cooked white rice
- Chopped fresh basil
- Mix rice, egg, basil, milk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour rice mixture into the skillet in 2 equal portions. Cook until browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until the second side is browned, about 2 minutes more.
8. Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Cottage cheese
- Vegetable oil
- Lightly beaten eggs
- Cooking spray
- Mix cottage cheese, flour, oil, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour the batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
9. Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Package flour tortillas
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut tortillas into 6 wedges each. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season it with salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Orange juice
- Frozen Strawberries
- Frozen blueberries
Note: You can use any fruits as you like.
- Pour orange juice into a blender and add banana, strawberries, and blueberries. Cover and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
Try out these recipes for healthy snacks. Comment down below which is your favourite snacks for late at night.